Boise Bound

 With the boys taking off to Mesquite, Nevada and St. George, Utah for Will's birthday golf trip, Harley and I decided we should do a little girl's weekend get-away ourselves! So I loaded up the car and the Harley girl and drove to visit Cassidy and Sam for a long weekend. 

I started off my vacation with a surprise from Deseret (Sam's mom). She had set up appointments for us both  for a float. I have never done a float before but mentioned to her that I had always wanted to try one so she surprised me with one - how sweet! 


It was an interesting experience. We were floating in salt water inside a sensory deprived pod for one hour. When I first got in the pod I thought to myself, "There is no way I can just lay here for an hour!" and then before I knew it - the hour was up! It is quite relaxing. I almost felt drugged after the hour was up and could barely climb out of the pod.

Sam and Cassidy were happy to have me there for the weekend but I think they secretly enjoyed Harley more than anything!




We filled up every minute of our time together. We did lots of shopping (I wanted to get them of few things for their new apartment for an early Christmas present), got Thai takeout, played lots of Catan (girls against Sam and he still won 3 out of 4 games), bought matching Carole Baskin (from viral Tiger King documentary) lounge sets which inspired our first ever Tic Tok video, spent Sunday evening with the Lazarte's, I watched them open up a few Christmas gifts I brought out with me (golf clothes for Sam and a handmade quilt for Cassidy with scraps of her old jeans and in her wedding colors) and Cassidy even got me out one morning to exercise!







"Make a sexy face".  We might need to work on this haha!




I had a great trip visiting Idaho and spending time with Cassidy and Sam. They are so sweet and always grateful for anything you do for them. I found this sweet note Cassidy left me in my car after I got home:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hauʻoli Lā Hānau Scott!

Blue and Gold

Paris