Happy Father's Week!

When you are just that loved, it takes a whole week to celebrate you!

Back in April, Scott had to cancel a trip he had planned to Virginia to visit the grandkids. It seemed like the right choice to make at the time with the Shut Down orders to not leave your home unless for essential employment or grocery shopping. Well, after another two months of quarantine and Washington moving into phase 2, we figured it was safe enough for us to start looking at traveling again. Will already had his week in Virginia and Karsyn left the first of June to stay for two months so Scott really got the bug to join them. We looked on the calendar and found a weekend in June where he had no important church meetings and wasn't on call and booked him a flight! It wasn't until just before his trip that we realized he would be spending Father's Day with the Hughes! Kennedy was initially a little stressed about now making the day special for her husband and her father, but he was with as many of his kids there in Virginia as he would have been here at home - plus add the adorable grandkids!  Kennedy bought all the guys matching ties for the occasion. Even little Turner Scott had a matching bowtie!




And Happy Father's Day to Nathan who is just the cutest, hands-on daddy around. It's no wonder Holland and Turner adore him!
Kennedy and Karsyn made this amazing Father's Day cake as well as a fabulous spread for dinner with steak and shrimp! I would say it was an amazing Father's Day!


But the celebrations weren't over yet! We celebrated Scott again here at home mid week after he arrived back home from his trip. I surprised him with dinner all the way from New York City! Back in the fall, Scott and I took a food tour while in NYC. Our favorite stop was Katz diner, known for the famous diner scene from "When Harry Met Sally" movie was filmed as well as known for it's amazing pastrami sandwiches. Scott has mentioned several times since the trip how he has been craving that pastrami sandwich so I had all the fixings sent here from Katz Diner in NYC. 


It was just as yummy as we remembered it. Then we opened up some gifts here from the kids. Most gifts centered around an aging man but were appreciated. He got a foam roller for stretching out sore muscles before and after running from Lazarte's, some special plantar fasciitis socks from Will,  a really nice massage gun from me and Layton picked him out a historical book called "Band of Brothers". 

We sure do love and appreciate all the guy does for us! He definitely deserved two celebrations this year! And I can't forget my dad! Here is what I posted on social media to honor him and every word of it is true!



Happy Father’s Day to this great man I call dad! He gave me my love for traveling, taught me to always find a bargain, passed on his corny sense of humor to me, encouraged my education, employed me for years, showed me through his marriage with my mom of how a woman should be loved and treated, and so many other timeless lessons. But the greatest thing my dad taught me growing up is that no matter our race, religion, social status or lifestyle, people are people - valuable, worthy children of God. My dad is the least judgmental person I know and truly sees everyone as God intended them to be seen. Thank you for all the love and lessons dad! I love you forever.

And of course, we can't forget this great Father, Father-in-law and papaw. Happy Father's Day in Heaven!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hauʻoli Lā Hānau Scott!

Blue and Gold

Paris