Mother's Day

If we are still trying to look for the silver linings to the COVID-19 virus and the shutdown of schools and society, then Mother's Day would have to be one of those blessings. Instead of being home with one of five kids on this special day, I had three of them home!




My day started off with amazing smells coming from the kitchen and Karsyn slaving away in there to make me this fancy spinach and leek quiche with phyllo dough crust. This was her first time working with phyllo dough but she did great! It tasted as good as it looked!


Then I got a video surprise from Holland wishing me a happy grandma's day. I couldn't stop smiling all day after seeing this! My goodness I love that little girl! Usually on Mother's Day the primary children sing some songs to the mothers, but we have no primary age children here for our home-based, church supported sacrament meetings so this was an extra special treat!



The family spoiled me with gifts, cards and a day off. It was funny because when talking to Kennedy we both realized we celebrate Mother's Day by taking the day off from being a mother! Karsyn and Scott put together a fabulous dinner and we were able to cook up a frozen apple pie with ice-cream, all courtesy of trying to clean out our deep freezer during quarantine.

Saturday Scott took my car and had it detailed inside and out. It was desperately needing it after all these quarantine golf trips we had been taking in my car. And he brought home these beautiful flowers!


The kids all surprised me with this darling watercolor painting (done by our very own Brittany Seal!) of our family from 2004. The kids are always complaining that I have out dated portraits around the house but I tell them they are there on purpose. I know what they look like now, I like to see them around the house from days gone by and from when they were all at home with me. So they picked this photo taken at my parents house back when I was really in thick of motherhood.






Cassidy and Sam sent me a little package in the mail too with a face mask, foot mask and the sweetest little book about being a mom.



Love this sweet family of mine. Being their mom is definitely my greatest accomplishment and my greatest joy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hauʻoli Lā Hānau Scott!

Blue and Gold

Paris