Bonding in Bandon

Scott is loving having his own little family foursome for golf! He found out that Bandon Dunes was running a special where any child played free with a paying adult and the rest is history. He booked two days of golf for he and I and Karsyn and Will. Karsyn is taking online classes for spring term right now and had some school conflicts that wouldn't allow her to play more than once a day. And I have never even played 18 holes two days in a row yet so we rested in the hotel room Friday morning while the guys played 18 holes at Pacific Dunes.




We then joined them for the second round that day at Bandon Dunes course. I was nervous cause all I have heard is that Bandon is totally different golfing than other places and I know it is for serious golfers, and I didn't want to look even more like a poser! But turns out, Bandon and I got along just fine! I got my best score yet there cause while it is harder to get under the ball, it is more forgiving when you top it cause the ground is so hard it just runs and runs. Well, I usually top the ball anyway so got to take advantage of the distance of these courses. I even got my second birdie!



 The wind really picked up for our afternoon round so Karsyn and I felt justified in running into the pro shop to purchase warm hats!



 My biggest challenge with Bandon was all the bunkers. Apparently I never met a bunker I didn't like cause I was in practically every one!
We had lots of downtime in between holes with the group in front of us taking a long time. A caddy behind us said that their golfing was getting in the way of their drinking and slowing them down!

Day two we played 18 holes at Old Macdonald course before driving all the way back home that evening. What an enjoyable we weekend we had together! Everyone was so patient and encouraging with me and Karsyn makes a great personal coach!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hauʻoli Lā Hānau Scott!

Blue and Gold

Paris