Mother's Day

Scott's uncle John and his wife Sherry finally made it out to visit us! This is something we have been wanting to do for many years. Neither one of them have been in good health but we felt like if it didn't happen now, it would never happen. We were happy to have them and Shane and Julie's family join us for Mother's Day!





We made sure to warn Uncle John to never wear his Trump hat or this shirt ANYWHERE outside of our home or anywhere near the Pacific Northwest! The boys got up and made us all breakfast before church. My favorite part of course that they also cleaned it all up!








The kids all pitched in to have this plant delivered to me. The card was cute and said that I did such a good job keeping them alive that they knew I could also keep this plant alive! Talk about pressure!


Scott was proud of himself for picking out this necklace for me for my gift. Of course, if you ask Kennedy she will take all the credit for it. But he was so excited about it that he accidentally told me about it the day before Mother's day. We went in the hot tub after our big hike yesterday and Scott said to me, "You are going to look so good in your necklace!".  You could tell he instantly realized what he had just done but couldn't think of anyone of backtracking out of it! So after that, he talked me into letting him give it to me then. The best part of his gift, was seeing how excited he was to give  it to me. 





I am still struggling with the fact that I am not with all my kids every mother's day, and rarely on any holiday. It's hard seeing your kids grow up, but I guess I knew that was the part of the job description and it helps that I love who my kids have become. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hauʻoli Lā Hānau Scott!

Blue and Gold

Paris