Vietnam Day Two: Hoi An and Danang

Today we decided to sleep in, enjoy our yummy breakfast at the Sincerity Hotel and spend some time at the pool. Dad was able to get us a late check out for 2:00 which was perfect since we didn't need to be anywhere before 2:00. The pool was wonderful. The water was just how I like it - basically a large bath tub! The sun was intense though. I could only stand being in the sun for about 20 minutes. Dad didn't use any sunscreen of course and got extremely red. Good thing surgery will keep him busy and out of the sun for a few days. 
After our relaxing morning, we packed up, left our bags with the front desk and went back into town. It was time for another fitting and fashion show from the boys. Layton was easy. All the alterations made were just right and he was done. Dad took a couple of hours. They would find something to alter then he would wait a few minutes and they would bring it back to try on again. They did this process over and over again for his suit, 6 shirts and two pants, so it took awhile. He might have to do one more fitting when he go back our last day to pick up the clothes. We also got a couple of shirts made for Layton's suit at a cheaper, smaller tailor that we picked up today. They are not as nice and apparently our idea of white is quite different from her idea of white - but she was sweet and I was happy to help her feed her two children. With the little time we had left in Hoi An we walked through the market (bought a mango) and saw the Japanese Bridge. 
Today was even hotter than yesterday if that is possible! Made me think of Cassidy out walking in this all day everyday in Brazil! Then we were off to our luxury hotel in Danang. Layton is in awe of the Hyatt where we are staying. It is pretty plush with gorgeous pools and right on the beach. When we booked our hotel, we asked to have an extra bed or sofa bed for Layton. We are arrived, we had a sofa bed made up and a crib in our room! I guess Layton has been demoted from "boy" to "baby"! In addition to the rooms costing us a bunch more, so will the food. The hotel restaurants and priced to match the hotel and if we want to eat elsewhere it will take a good taxi ride. I think most of our dinners are already set and arranged as a group though for the rest of our time in Danang. Layton was thrilled to find a cheeseburger on the menu tonight though! 
After dinner we met the rest of the team. It is a large group with many foreigners with strange names I will probably never remember. But they all seem really nice. Layton is the only child on the trip this year. We all start working tomorrow. Dad will go to the cancer hospital and operate and we will go to the children's hospital to do day one of our three days of crafts. Layton and I are both a little nervous about how it will go. I just keep telling myself that even if it is chaotic, disorganized and the crafts fail, at least it let the kids be kids for a couple hours and have a good distraction. 

Comments

heather said…
Your blogging? I just have a few years to catch up on and I should be good. I think I ended on our weekend to NYC for Broadway shows. That was fun and 3 or so years ago.
heather said…
And by your I meant you're, of course!
Heidi said…
I didn't know this even published haha! I started to by just copying and pasting my emails home but this was as far as I got. I need a girls week away to work on this stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

Hauʻoli Lā Hānau Scott!

Blue and Gold

Paris